[tp-devel] Another question about ships

Dustin White nuleren at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 15:40:06 EDT 2008

Ok, so I've been working on getting fleets and ships implemented for my
ruleset this week, and I've come across a bit of a snag.

What I wanted to do was to create some new ship types.  Each of these ships
has a "cargo bay" component which I created.  The cargo bay component has a
single property: the cargo it's carrying.  I ended up with 8 different ships
each with a cargo bay carrying different cargo.

The problem I'm having is that when I go to test this out on tpclient-pywx,
it doesn't seem to recognize the ship design or the cargo bay component.
Instead of getting one of my new ships I get a "scout."  If I browse the
ship designs (under windows->show design) I find no mention of my new ship
design, only scout, mark1, and transport.

Is this a problem with my implementation on the server, or is this a
limitation of the client?

Thanks,
Dustin (nuleren)