[tp-devel] First month of GSoC!

Tim Ansell mithro at mithis.com
Wed Jun 18 23:31:55 EDT 2008

Hello everyone,

With the first month of GSoC almost gone, I thought I would horribly
embarrass all our wonderful students by sending this email which links
to all their blogs.

Why not help out and test the students work? Please ask questions or
just comment on their blogs! I encourage everyone to at least put the
blogs in their feed readers.

----

Jphr has been working on a Risk clone. He has finally got a working
Risk ruleset which he is now debugging. Hopefully he will now create a
simple AI to help with his testing :) After the mid-term evaluation he
hopes to add options for more interesting variations and universe
          http://www.hammerofcode.com/

JLafont has been working on a totally new game called DroneSec. His
progress also has been very good and will soon have a basic playable
game. Already a majority of the orders needed have been implemented and
combat is taking shape.
           http://juangsoc.blogspot.com/

jmtan has created a delicious meal for your eyes with a almost
functional 3D client. It already supports a majority of interactions
with the server and will soon allow you to easily work with orders. The
screen shots look awesome and everyone should check it out. You can
come and see some of our cool artwork being shown off.
          http://devhobby.blogspot.com/

Ezod has been working on splitting the console from the server. He has
successfully make tpserver-cpp a real daemon and is now working on
creating a client to actually do the configuration. This should make
running servers much easier to run and maintain.
         http://ezod.livejournal.com/

Iwanowitch has been working hard on a rule based AI for RFTS. He has
his constraint store almost working and has had a basic client
interacting with a server.
        http://thousand-parsec.blogspot.com/

Nuleren is working on a game called Tigrus and Euphrates. A large
number of orders have been created and the universe is generally taking
shape.
        http://nuleren.blogspot.com/

vi1985 has been working hard on Iwanowitch's competition :). He has
been working on an AI which is based around genetic algorithms. He has
a basic java client working to help visualise how the AI will work.
        http://vi1985.blogspot.com/

Pluskid has been working hard on improving schemepy. Schemepy will
become the backend that all our python components use for scheme
parsing. He has gotten both a mzscheme and a guile back end working. He
has also tested out various pure-python implementations. The speed
improvements for doing scheme processing is very impressive.
        http://pluskid.lifegoo.com/?p=352

If any of the students want to correct what I have said, please do so.
You should all be proud of what you have done so far and I look forward
to seeing what you will do in the future.

Keep up the good work!

Tim 'Mithro' Ansell